When a dog's teeth are neglected, it may lose teeth and even molars. What is even worse is that dental problems may affect your dog's health. Dental plaque is a barely visible film that is constantly forming on your dog's teeth. It is made up of food, mucous and bacteria. If it is not removed, the plaque becomes tartar. You can help remove plaque yourself, but tartar can only be removed by your veterinarian.
Petosan Dental Kit
The Petosan Ultimate Set includes the following products:
- Microfibre tooth cloth: anti-microbial and self-cleaning
- Chicken-flavoured enzyme toothpaste, 70 grams
- Twin head toothbrush: (designed to clean the inside and outside of the teeth with one movement thanks to the position of the brushes)
- Storage box (dishwasher safe).
Available in 3 sizes:
- Petosan Dental Kit Small: dogs weighing up to 6 kg.
- Petosan Dental Kit Medium: dogs weighing between 5-15 kg.
- Petosan Dental Kit Large: dogs weighing over 16 kg.
The dog's mouth does not have to be open all the way in order to brush their teeth. In most cases, you can just lift up the lip to clean all visible areas on the outside of the teeth. The dog will clean the insides of the teeth themselves using their tongues. A number of teeth and molar at the top grind against parts of the teeth and molars at the bottom. The more often you brush, the quicker your dog becomes used to it and the better it is for your pet's teeth. You do not need to brush more than once or twice a week in order to prevent tartar.