Chloramine T is an effective treatment for fish against harmful bacteria including Myxobacteria, and parasites such as Ichthyobodo (Costia) and White Spot. It is suitable as a general-purpose treatment, but can also be used to reduce the water bacterial count where ulcer or septicemia problems are occurring.
Chloramine T is effective at low levels in most cases, so always start with the recommended dosing. At normal dose rates Chloramine T will not harm filters or plants.
Directions for Use
Prior to use: due to the reactive nature of Chloramine T it should not be used at the same time as any other fish treatments, other than salt. Do not treat fish in bright sunlight and turn off any UV in the system for 24hrs. Do not use Chloramine T below 12°C. Pre-dissolve the required amount of Chloramine T with water in a clean container (one which has not been used for other chemicals) then distribute it evenly around the pond. To reduce the bacterial count use 1pmm (5g per 1,000 gal), but if serious bacterial gill disease or parasites are identified then double or treble dosing is recommended. Treat once in 24 hrs and repeat daily for up to 4 days, depending on the severity of the problem.
Do not dispose of Chloramine T in drains or waterways, dispose of the packaging and any unused product via the domestic waste. Contact with acids will liberate toxic gas (chlorine).
Risk Phrases Corrosive. Causes burns. Harmful if swallowed or inhaled. Do not breathe dust. Safety phrases Store in the original container between 2-30oC and keep out of the reach of children. Wear suitable protective clothing (goggles and eye protection). In case of contact with eyes rinse well and seek medical advice immediately. In the case of an accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible). This veterinary medicine is marketed in accordance with Schedule 6 of the Veterinary Medicines Regulations