The Adaptil Collar contains pheromones that mimic those produced by a mother dog to calm and reassure her puppies. Dogs recognise these pheromones throughout their life, and they help to relax puppies and adult dogs in stressful situations. Adaptil is therefore very useful in helping to provide support to dogs who are faced with stressful situations.
Fear related reactions may be expressed as:
- Destruction, inappropriate toileting
- Vocalisation (whimpering, whining, barking)
The Adaptil Collar can be used to help support dogs in the following stress-related situations :
- Adjusting to a new environment (new home, strangers, shelters)
- Visiting the vet, hospitalisation, travelling in vehicles
- Unpredictable situations, fireworks and loud noise phobias
- Help promote learning during training and socialisation
Directions for Use
How to fit an Adaptil Collar:
Fasten the collar around your dog's neck and adjust to the appropriate size, allowing room for at least one finger between your dog's neck and the collar. Cut off any excess collar.
Each collar lasts up to 4 weeks and can be replaced as required.
Collar size guide:
- Medium/large dog collar fits neck up to 62.5cm (24.6in)
For dogs between 35lbs and 110lbs / between 15kg & 50kg
- Small dog collar fits neck up to 37.5cm (14.7 in)
For dogs up to approximately 35lbs / 15kg
- Puppy/Junior collar fits neck up to 37.5cm
For junior dogs up to approximately 35lbs / 15kg
- Do not use the collar on dogs with extensive skin lesions.
- Do not open the protective pouch until the product is ready for use.
- Remove the DAP collar before bathing or shampooing your dog and replace it after your dog's coat is completely dry. Collar will not release pheromone when wet.
- Store away from children