The Adaptil Calm Plug In Diffuser contains Dog Appeasing Pheromone which is a substance produced by lactating bitches which comforts and reassures their puppies. It has been proven to have similar reassuring benefits to adult dogs when exposed to stressful situations.
The Adaptil Calm Plug In Diffuser comes with 1 x 48ml refill. Adaptil is very useful in helping to provide support to dogs who are faced with stressful situations which dogs may find worrying or which make them apprehensive.
Combining an Adaptil Calm Collar with an Adaptil Calm Diffuser may provide optimal results for dogs showing indoor and outdoor fears.
Adaptil can be used for events both inside and outside of the house, such as:
- Travelling in the car
- Adjusting to a new environment (new home, strangers, shelters)
- Visiting the vet, hospitalisation
- Unpredictable situations, fireworks and loud noise phobias
These fear related reactions may be expressed as:
- Destruction, inappropriate toileting
- Vocalisation (whimpering, whining, barking)
Directions for Use
Where to plug in ?
- In an electric socket with a minimum clear distance above the diffuser of 1,20 m
(The oily vapour carrying ADAPTIL “comforting messages” rises in a column of warm air above the diffuser.
- In an socket of its own
Where NOT to plug in ?
It would prevent/reduce diffusion if the Diffuser is plugged in:`
- behind a door
- underneath furniture
- in any socket without 1.20 m clear above it
- In a multi-plug extension adaptor
- With an international adaptor
- With an extension lead
How many do you need ?
Use 1 diffuser for an area up to 70m².
For a large home, or for a multi-floor home, use several diffusers, or use ADAPTIL Calm On-The-Go Collar instead
How long will it last ?
- 1 refill lasts up to 30 days
It is recommended to replace the refill every 4 weeks, even if a small amount of liquid remains in the vial (the vial can never be completely empty because the last few drops of liquid are not enough in contact with the wick to allow the diffusion process)
- 1 diffuser lasts 6 months. Renew the Diffuser every six months to ensure optimum effect
- The diffuser should be checked monthly and replaced every six months to ensure optimum effect.
- This product is covered by the European Directive 2002/96/EC on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE): WEE/HG0312WZ.
- Don't unplug or switch off the diffuser at night.
- Leave the diffuser on 24 hours a day. That’s how efficacy is proven in clinical trials with continuous use of the diffuser (24 hours a day) allowing the dog to constantly perceive the “comforting messages”.
- Many dog owners start to see results within the first 7 days. However, every dog is unique. Depending on how long the signs have been present and how severe the signs may be, it may take longer to see an improvement.
- We recommend using ADAPTIL Calm Home Diffuser for at least 1 month.