Hill's Derm Defense is the first and only clinical nutrition with HistaGuard™ Complex, formulated to support skin function in dermatosis due to environmental causes and create a barrier against future allergic reactions in dogs. With a proprietary blend of bioactives and phytonutrients to support skin function, strengthen skin barrier and formulated to help soothe skin and nourish coat. A long-term solution supporting a healthy immune system. Suitable for all dogs who are being managed with other treatments and would benefit from nutrition.
Clinically proven nutrition that can transform your pet’s life.
There are many types of environmental irritants that surround us and our pets each and every day including fleas, pollen and even the dust in our homes. For some dogs these irritants can cause a skin condition that may lead to scratching, sometimes excessively. This is unpleasant for your dog and can also be difficult for everyone else in the family. The good news is most dogs with these skin conditions can benefit simply from the right food.
Hills nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® Derm Defense™ clinical nutrition specially formulated to help manage environmental sensitivities in dogs.
How It Helps:
- Helps strengthen skin barrier
- Drives healthy skin from within
- Formulated to help soothe and nourish skin & coat
- Helps skin to recover naturally
- Holistic long-term solution supporting healthy immune system
How It Works:
- With proprietary complex of bioactives and phytonutrients
- High levels of omega-3 & 6 fatty acids
- Clinically proven antioxidants, including vitamin E
- No corn, chicken by product meal, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
|Ingredients: Chicken: Maize, brewers' rice, chicken (17%) and turkey meal, maize gluten meal, digest, dried whole egg, soybean oil, flaxseed, animal fat, dried beet pulp, fish oil, minerals, vitamins, taurine, trace elements, L-tryptophan and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocepherols).|
Directions for use:
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pets new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pets condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||5/8 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 cup (95 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 3/8 cups (130 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 2/3 cups (155 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 1/3 cups (220 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 3/4 cups (260 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||3 1/3 cups (315 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||4 cups (375 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||4 1/3 cups (405 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 3/4 cups (445 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||5 2/3 cups (535 g)|