Hill's PRESCRIPTION DIET k/d Early Stage Cat Food is a complete dietetic pet food for support of renal function in case of chronic renal insufficiency in adult cats.
- Ideal for early stage renal insufficiency.
- This food has a low level of phosphorus and a restricted level of protein but of high quality.
When your cat's kidneys are damaged, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed, and taking action early can be beneficial. Dietetic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Cats with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Early Stage clinical nutrition for early protection of a cat's vital kidney function and to encourage eating for strength and energy. This dry food has an irresistible taste that your cat will love.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium, enriched with Omega-3s from fish oil
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.) Technology for cats
- High levels of essential amino acids and L-carnitine
- With a delicious taste your cat won't resist
How it helps:
- Early support of vital kidney function
- Stimulates appetite & increases food intake
- Supports natural ability to build and maintain muscle mass
- S+OX SHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
- Vegetable protein extracts, cereals, oils and fats (fish oil 1.8%), vegetables, meat and animal derivatives, eggs and egg derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, minerals. Protein sources: Maize gluten meal, pea protein, chicken and turkey meal, dried whole eggs, rice protein concentrate.
- Protein 32.1%, Fat content 21.8%, Crude fibre 1.8%, Crude ash 5.3%, Omega-3 fatty acids 0.9%, Calcium 0.72%, Phosphorus 0.46%, Sodium 0.23%, Potassium 0.74%, Magnesium 0.07%; per kg: Vitamin A 8937IU, Vitamin D3 750IU, Vitamin E 550mg, Vitamin C 100mg, Beta-carotene 1.5mg, L-carnitine 569mg.
ADDITIVES PER KG:
- 3b103 (Iron) 45.2mg, 3b202 (Iodine) 1.1mg, 3b405 (Copper) 4.5mg, 3b502 (Manganese) 4.7mg, 3b603 (Zinc) 79.1mg, 3b801 (Selenium) 0.1mg, with natural antioxidant.