Hill's y/d is the first and only clinically proven nutrition that is specially formulated to help support your cat's thyroid health. The y/d diet carefully restricts the levels of iodine to help support thyroid function, particularly in cats with hyperthyroidism, whilst providing a complete daily nutrition with a taste your cat will love.
Additional benefits for overall health
Hills y/d diet also provides extra benefits in addition thyroid health, including:
-Supports kidney health with controlled phosphorus and low sodium
-Helps maintain bladder health with controlled mineral levels
-Promotes heart health with essential nutrients like taurine and carnitine
-Promotes healthy skin and a luxurious hair coat with high levels of omega-3 and -6 fatty acids.
Because iodine intake from other food sources -- treats, another pet's food, etc. -- can compromise the effectiveness of low-iodine nutrition, it's critical that you follow your veterinarian's feeding instructions carefully and feed only Hills Y/D.
Liver, pork, chicken, maize, rice, animal fat, vitamins, digest, cellulose, minerals, trace-elements, fish oil, L-carnitine.
Maize gluten meal, maize, animal fat, dried whole egg, flaxseed, L-lysine, digest, minerals, fish oil, dl-methionine, L-carnitine, rice, taurine, vitamins and trace-elements.
Directions for use:
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your cat may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet® formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Amount of Hills Y/D per Day|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1/4 cup (30 g) - 3/8 cup (45 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/8 cup (45 g) - 5/8 cup (80 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||1/2 cup (65 g) - 3/4 cup (95 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||2/3 cup (85 g) - 7/8 cup (110 g)|