This Product cannot be purchased without a prescription
For use in calves, pigs, chickens and turkeys. Indications for use, specifying the target species:
- For the control of Mycoplasma synoviae airsacculitis in chickens and Mycoplasma gallisepticum S6 in chickens and turkeys. In the field tylosin has also proved useful in reducing the level of infection following stress associated with live vaccination.
- As an aid in the control of outbreaks of necrotic enteritis in chickens caused by Clostridium perfringens.
- For the prevention and control of enzootic pneumonia, and scours caused by organisms (e.g. Lawsonia intracellularis) sensitive to tylosin, in pigs.
- For the control of pneumonia in cattle associated with mycoplasmata and Pasteurella multocida sensitive to tylosin.
- Use of the product should be based on susceptibility testing of the bacteria isolated from the animal. If this is not possible, therapy should be based on local (regional, farm level) epidemiological information about susceptibility of the target bacteria.
- Official, national and regional antimicrobial policies should be taken into account when the product is used.
- A high rate of in vitro resistance has been demonstrated in European strains of Brachyspira hyodysenteriae implying that the product will not be sufficiently efficacious against swine dysentery.
- Use of the product deviating from the instructions given in the SPC may increase the prevalence of bacteria resistant to tylosin and may decrease the effectiveness of treatment with other macrolides, lincosamides and streptogramin B due to the potential for cross-resistance.
- No adverse effects to tylosin have been seen in fertility, multi-generation or teratology studies.